First Aid Response (FAR) Blended E-Learning course
This course allows the learner to do the theory side of the course online. The online section is made up of whiteboard explainer videos to each of the learning objectives. There is a Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) after each section to reinforce the learners knowledge.
On completion of the online section the next stage is the practical hands on sessions. The advantages of this method it helps to reduce cost to our valued customers. Also the learner can do the online section at their own convenience and pace.
Greater discounts rates for groups.
There are competencies that students who achieve the First Aid Response Standard are required to demonstrate. Upon completion of a recognised First Aid Response course the student will be able to:
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a prehospital environment and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such pre-hospital emergencies utilising PHECC CPGs.
- Respond in a safe, effective, and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid Response skill set and in accordance with PHECC CPGs as part of the pre-hospital continuum of care.
- Record and Report actions and interventions have taken while responding to and managing such incidents and during handover to emergency medical services.
- Retain a caring attitude in their role as First Aid Responders.
- Patient assessment
- Incident procedure
- Cardiac First Response – Community
- Common medical emergencies
- Injury management and shock
- Care of the unconscious patient
- Burns and electrical injury care
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Information management
- The well-being of the First Aid Responder
Award of joint PHECC/Emergency Training and Education Ltd First Aid Response cards/certificates to successful participants is mandatory. The established naming convention provided by PHECC must be used for these awards. Certification lapses after 2 years. A First Aid Response certificate may be used as evidence of successful completion of a CFR course necessary for entry to other recognised course: e.g. CFR instructor (Community only) or EFR. CFR Community certificates shall not be awarded.